The interface, and in particular the file management tools at 000webhost are in a generalized state of flux. Here’s are step-by-step instructions to navigate creating a site, and uploading content to it.
To create a site for yourself at 000webhost, follow these steps:
- In a browser, navigate to http://www.000webhost.com/
- Click on Free Sign Up
- In the FREE Sign Up form, enter your name (a nickname is fine), a valid email address, and a domain name you’d like to have. 000webhost will generate a domain name something like what you request.
- Click the GET FREE HOSTING button
- After verifying your email address, click on the Upload Files button.
- Then click on the Upload Files Now button.
- Select the public_html folder
- Click the Upload Files icon in the toolbar
- Click the Select Files button. Select files from your computer, and then click Upload in the Upload files box
After the pages upload, go check out your site online!
Tip: The free hosting provided by 000webhost is not as robust, fast, or reliable as that provided by paid hosting sites. So, be prepared for occasional slow uploads and down time. I wanted to be sure that the cost of Web hosting would not keep anyone from uploading files and experiencing building a real online Website. But you are free to elect to use a paid hosting site if you prefer for class.